ISSN Magazine Barcodes
International Standard Serial Numbers are numbers allocated to all periodical publications such as magazines or journals. The source of ISSN numbers are the national branches of an international organization which allocates all ISSN numbers. If you already have an ISSN number, you can purchase the barcode images for them here. If you require an ISSN Number, these can be applied for here.
Before purchasing your ISSN barcode, you may wish to consider which format of ISSN Barcode you need.
ISSN Barcodes come in 3 main formats:
1. Creating the same number for printing on each issue of the magazine. In this case the 8 digit ISSN number is converted to a 13 digit number by adding a 977 to the beginning. Then the check-digit is removed and two numbers (00) are added to the end. Then the check-digit is recalculated. Next we encode the resulting number into an image using EAN-13 Symbology. This image is easily read by all barcode scanners and it is essentially the same as other EAN-13 images used on retail products.
2. Creating a separate barcode image for each issue of your magazine. To do this the 8 digit ISSN number is first converted to a 13 digit number, but in this case the ’00’ added on the end is changed to create a variety of different EAN-13 images.
3. The final option is to create a 15 digit (EAN-13+2) number. This format involves converting the ISSN number in exactly the same way as in option one, and then adding an additional 2-digit supplement code to the end of it. The supplement changes for each issue and this can be done on a monthly (01-12) or weekly (01-52) basis or in any other way you wish.
For example In the UK the 13+2 format (option 3) is the most common. Other countries tend to use the 13 digit formats (options 1 and 2). – It is a good idea to check with the stores where you are planning to sell your magazine to establish which format they prefer.
It should be noted that options 2 and 3 involve creating multiple images for the ISSN number and hence are more expensive.
ISSN Barcode Images
• image(s) of ISSN numbers for magazines, journals, and other periodical publications. Please enter your 8 digit ISSN number in the additional information section when filling out your details after proceeding to checkout. Also specify if you require an alternative format for your barcode (i.e. 13+2).
• These will be emailed through to you in 5 different formats (TIF, BMP, JPG, PDF, EPS) once your order has been received.
Shipping and handling:
This product will be delivered to you by email within 24 hours after your payment is received. There are no additional fees for shipping or handling.
Quantity Price per image 1 440 Kč,- 2 350 Kč,- 3 290 Kč,- 4 229 Kč,- 10 159 Kč,- 20 109 Kč,- 50 59 Kč,-
If you require a series of ISSN Numbers please contact us
Barcode Registration allows you to register your barcode and product information on the International Barcodes Database. Once we receive an order for this, we will email you with a request for proof of barcode ownership. You will then be given instructions on how to register your barcode.
Here is a short video explaining the process of barcode registration https://youtu.be/0pj75YnCJmY
Barcode Registration is included FREE with our barcode packages. It should only be purchased if you have bought barcodes through another company or a barcode outside of a barcode package through us.
Price per Barcode 1 + 220 Kč each 5 + 190Kč each 10 + 149Kč each 20 + 109Kč each 50 + 99Kč each
If you have a book, and require barcodes for this, please see our book barcodes section.